The Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre Inc. is a community based not-for-profit organisation, providing support for the Dubbo Community and surrounding shires of Wellington, Narromine and Gilgandra where appropriate.
Our objectives are to prevent behaviour that is harmful or abusive to humanity and to provide direct relief of distress, isolation, misfortune and helplessness by:
- providing counselling, and other assistance to people in crisis, homeless people or others in crisis, and/or at risk of harm and abuse
- assisting isolated and disadvantaged aged persons
- providing transport to those unable to use other forms of transport due to poverty, disability or disadvantage
- providing care and support for the vulnerable, the aged, families, young people and children.
Community services provided by the Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre include:
- Information and referral
- Home Modification and Maintenance Scheme
- Safe Aboriginal Youth Patrol
- Community Activities Program (Aged and Disabled)
- Senior Citizens Social Group
- Migrant Support
- Out of School Hours and Vacation Care
- Community Visitors Scheme
- Child Youth and Family Service
- We’re Always Grandparents Support Group
The Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre’s settlement program provides support to people from culturally and linguistically diverse and non-English speaking backgrounds. The service assists people from Dubbo, Wellington, Narromine and Mudgee LGAs.
Migrant support service. This is a free service for migrants from non‐English speaking countries. It assists with information on immigration, citizenship, translating and interpreting or any other settlement issues, advice on how to get help when needed, help to become involved in the community, and finding information about services in a migrant’s own language.
Community awareness. We also aim to make the general community and other services aware of multicultural issues.
Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre
Business hours: Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm
Head office address: 1/80 Gipps Street, Dubbo NSW 2830
Postal address: as above
Telephone: (02) 6883 2300