The Khmer Community of NSW Inc. is a non-profit organisation for Khmer people living in New South Wales.
Our objectives are:
- To develop and maintain a harmonious community of Khmer people in NSW;
- To assist and support the successful settlement of Khmer people and their descendants in NSW;
- To preserve and promulgate Khmer culture;
- To represent all Khmer people in NSW;
- To remain politically unaffiliated;
- To promote friendship and understanding between Khmer people settled in NSW and other people, ethnic groups and include Khmer people everywhere;
- To represent the interests and views of the members of the Association to government and others organisation.
New arrivals among the Khmer community.
The settlement program provides assistant to new Khmer arrivals, who face obstacles in resettling in Australia. Three main aspects of the program are:
Casework. Face-to-face and telephone consultations to Khmer clients, providing advocacy and referral to mainstream services. These services assist the target group to become self-reliant and to be able to participate in the Australian society as soon as they arrive.
Developing Communities. Provide information sessions in partnership with other agencies. This service aims to assist newly arrived migrants to develop a shared purpose and to promote a sense of identify and belonging.
Integration — Inclusion and Participation. This service aims to assist new arrivals to interact with and to understand the broader Australian Community and to encourage the broader community to be responsive to new arrivals.
Khmer Community of NSW
Business hours: Monday to Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Head office address: 26 Bonnyrigg Avenue, Bonnyrigg NSW 2177 (within temple complex)
Postal address: Po Box 104 Bonnyrigg NSW 2177
Telephone: (02) 9823 3479