The NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP) has postponed the launch of its report Insights into Regional Settlement in Practice, originally scheduled for August 17.
The launch is on hold due to planning around COVID-19. People have already registered will be contacted and advised when a new date and details are confirmed.
The NSP believes there is a need for a coordinated, holistic approach to regional development that enhances regional settlement, emphasises the retention of migrants and refugees and acknowledges the role that they can and do play in reinvigorating regional areas.
Insights into Regional Settlement in Practice provides insights based on NSP’s years of expertise in settlement service delivery in regional areas of NSW.
The paper, compiled by the NSP’s regional settlement providers, also offers case studies to highlight the challenges their clients face in gaining employment, securing housing and in other key areas, with the NSP’s perspective on what underpins successful regional settlement.
The launch will include two panel discussions with reflections on key themes in the paper by regional settlement practitioners and responders.
- Hear first-hand from regional settlement workers about the challenges and key ingredients for successful regional settlement for migrants and refugee
- Connect virtually with stakeholders in government, the settlement sector and academia
- Learn more about the nature of regional settlement in NSW
Click here to download Insights into Regional Settlement in Practice.
This event is presented by The NSW Settlement Partnership and its Regional Partners;
- Connecting Community Services
- Illawarra Multicultural Services
- Manning Valley Neighbourhood Services
- Nepean Multicultural Access
- Northern Settlement Services